- “The End of Market Discipline? Investor Expectations of Implicit Government Guarantees” by Professor Viral Acharya
- Master of Science in Risk Management to Host Module at NYU Abu Dhabi
- MSRM Class of 2014 Capstone Group Featured on the NYU Stern Homepage!
- Video: Professors Viral Acharya and Ingo Walter Discuss the MSRM Program
- MSRM Class of 2015 Opens the Amsterdam Stock Exchange!
Tagsbankruptcy Basel III China corporate governance credit risk Dean Peter Henry Dodd-Frank Ed Altman Edward Altman emerging markets Eurozone Federal Reserve Financial Crisis fiscal cliff India Ingo Walter Kim Schoenholtz Lawrence White liquidity market risk Matthew Richardson Michael Spence MSRM MSRM Alumni Nouriel Roubini NYU Stern political risk Regulatory Risk Richard Levich Richard Sylla risk management Robert Engle Roy Smith sovereign risk Stephen Brown Stijn Van Nieuwerburgh stress testing structured finance Student Profile systemic risk Thomas Cooley Viral Acharya volatility William Silber Z-Score
Tag Archives: Thomas Sargent
In a Financial Times op-ed, NYU Stern Professors Thomas Sargent and William Silber discuss the US Federal Reserve’s announcement that it would publish views on future interest rates. They explore the potential damages that the Fed may incur in this … Continue reading
The Economist discusses the work of Nobel Laureates Thomas Sargent of NYU Stern and Christopher Sims of Princeton University. Macroeconomists are widely disparaged for getting most things wrong, but really it is a wonder that they know anything at all. … Continue reading
New York University Economics Professor Thomas Sargent, known for work on coordinating monetary and fiscal policy, stabilizing inflation, and fighting unemployment, has been awarded the 2011 Nobel Prize in Economics. Sargent is one of the world’s leaders in modern economics, … Continue reading