In an upcoming five day short course beginning June 1st 2015, MSRM Professors Ingo Walter, Edward Altman, Holger Mueller, Viral Acharya, and Stijn Van Nieuwerburgh will join NYU Stern Professors Aswath Damodaran, David Yermack and Baruch Lev to teach Contemporary Finance: Key Topics for Senior Executives and Board Members. Learn more about the course here.
Regulatory and market developments over the past decade have materially raised the bar on the degree of financial expertise demanded of senior managers and board members. Support of this belief can be found in McKinsey & Company’s recently released interview of ADP’s Jan Siegmund on broader expectations of the finance chief’s role.
Contemporary Finance: Key Topics for Senior Executives and Board Members provides an intensive five-day overview of modern Finance at a level that today must be mastered by senior executives and board members of financial and nonfinancial firms.
In this short course, participants will:
- Acquire and/or update skills in modern financial diagnostics and their application
- Understand current dynamics of global financial markets and their strategic impact
- Gain insight into structured finance and its role in creating and destroying value
- Learn about the new regulatory environment, and how it is likely to evolve going forward
- Engage in new thinking and evidence on Finance in corporate restructurings
- Assess new insights in corporate valuation, failure prediction and the cost of capital
If you are interested in attending Contemporary Finance: Key Topics for Senior Executives and Board Members from June 1 – 5, 2015 (Monday – Friday), there are still a limited number of seats available. Applications are still being accepted and should be submitted here.
Please email ExecEd@stern.nyu.edu with any questions. We hope to see you there!