The CCWP: A “Langoner’s” Best Resource

When I first started attending Stern in the Spring of 2014, the first thing I wanted to find out was: what do I need to do to get the most out of my experience here?  I started talking to as many fellow Langone students as possible and making new friends.  Finally, after a few months, the insight came: Go to the CCWP!

For those who don’t know what that is, it is the Career Center for Working Professionals.  And it is where a lot of magic happens.  They do everything from counsel your career path, to help you realign your resume, to setting up networking events for your future success.  They even set up an opportunity for me to have professional headshots done right in the office.

I can still remember the first time I went into the office.  I was greeted with a warm welcome and shortly ushered in the office of my advisor.  We had a great conversation about my past life and work experience, my passions, and what I hoped to accomplish in the future.  I was given real advice about where I needed to improve, what courses would help round out my knowledge base, and which people I should get in contact with to help mentor me.  Lets just say I was thoroughly impressed.

Over the course of the last year, I have emailed last minute resumes and cover letters, and received revisions back with an astonishing turn around time, fully equipped with well wishes and advice.  I have even received personal emails from the CCWP when I have forgotten to RSVP for events and they think it would be beneficial to be there.

I know for a fact that this office has had a vast impact on the way I market myself as a brand to future employers, and I know that my success in recruiting will be partly influenced by their tireless mission to help me and my peers succeed.  My advice to you?  Utilize the CCWP.  They are not only there to help, they want to, and will go to great lengths to help you realize your dreams.

Ashley Carpenter

About Ashley Carpenter

An innovative thinker with a wide range of work experience extending from set to location to production office, Ashley Carpenter has been working in the Entertainment Industry since her graduation from high school, when she moved to New York City from Texas to pursue her career. She is currently focusing her MBA in Entertainment Media and Technology, Marketing, and Leadership. She has a passion for the creative development of compelling content and content marketing, as well as branded content in television, film, and OTT.