Stern Global Trek: Africa

I am so excited! In less than two weeks, I’ll embark on a global trek with 35 of my fellow MBA classmates.

During our 10 day trip over Spring Break, we will go to South Africa and Namibia. From a safari and wine tasting in Cape Town to the Le Mirage Desert and Walvis Bay in Namibia, we will go on a cultural adventure through southern Africa. I rallied five of my close Langone classmates to join, but this will be a mixture of part-time MBA students and full-time MBA students, so it will be a great opportunity to meet new friends and expand my social circle.

These MBA Global Treks offer the opportunity to gain international perspective and expand our viewpoint on cultural diversity. Through partnerships with club leaders, the Office of Student Engagement facilitates our travel so the trek is organized meticulously to ensure safety and security! Treks happen during Spring Break and Winter Break in a variety of locations. For instance, this Spring Break, while I’ll be in Africa with Stern In Africa, the Emerging Markets Association will be in Peru, the Social Enterprise Club in Morocco, and the South Asian Business Association in India! Those are to name just a few. Domestic treks also occur as well, for instance the Entrepreneurs’ Exchange will be in Austin for SXSW and Stern Cellar will be in Napa.

While at Stern, you have opportunities to go abroad in addition to treks. You can also take a DBI (Doing Business In…) class, which are one- or two-week classes in countries around the world. Before I graduate next year, I hope to go on a DBI in Argentina!

I’ll check in at the end of the month with an update!

Victoria Fabiano

About Victoria Fabiano

Victoria is a Langone Part-time MBA student expected to graduate in May 2015 with specializations in Business Analytics, Digital Marketing and Entrepreneurship and Innovation. At Stern, Victoria is a member of the Langone Student Government, the Stern Opportunity, Stern Women in Business, Graduate Marketing Association, Stern Adventures, Stern Cellar and Entrepreneurs’ Exchange. She is also a Graduate Ambassador for NYU Stern Langone Part-time MBA Admissions. Victoria currently works as a Business Development Manager at Google.