Spring Break

Well I’ve made it back from my trek to South Africa and Namibia! It was absolutely incredible. Though I’ve traveled through Europe and Asia, visiting Africa was such a different experience. I conquered my fear of heights and climbed up Dune 45 (which is over 550 feet high), ate ostrich and warthog, saw the “big five” safari animals (lion, elephant, water buffalo, leopard, and rhinoceros) and visited some of the most incredible African landmarks like Table Mountain, the Cape of Good Hope and Cape Point! Though, the highlight of my trip by far was hiking up a mountain in Namibia and watching the sunset with two of my close friends. The sight was absolutely breathtaking.

This trek allowed me to meet students that I may have never encountered in class, experience a new culture and travel to a new continent (Africa was definitely on my bucket list). It was a great complement to my education in the classroom. The itinerary had just enough structure that I felt my time was maximized, but enough free time that I was able to break off and explore sights/events that suited my personal interests. We hit the top tourist attractions, but also tapped into the local culture of Namibia and South Africa. Needless to say, through this 10 day adventure, I certainly forged some lifelong friendships.

Now that I’m back home (and slowly getting over jetlag), I need to focus on taking my midterms this week and gearing up for the second half of the spring semester!

Victoria Fabiano

About Victoria Fabiano

Victoria is a Langone Part-time MBA student expected to graduate in May 2015 with specializations in Business Analytics, Digital Marketing and Entrepreneurship and Innovation. At Stern, Victoria is a member of the Langone Student Government, the Stern Opportunity, Stern Women in Business, Graduate Marketing Association, Stern Adventures, Stern Cellar and Entrepreneurs’ Exchange. She is also a Graduate Ambassador for NYU Stern Langone Part-time MBA Admissions. Victoria currently works as a Business Development Manager at Google.